4237 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HDD seagate on Proliant ML30 Gen9

jperezme1
Occasional Advisor

HDD seagate on Proliant ML30 Gen9

Hello.

I have just to buy a Proliant ML30 Gen9 with two hdd 1Tb hp. I created a raid 1 with these hp disks and all go fine. Then I bought 1 disc of 2Tb seagate barracuda and another of 4Tb also seagate barracuda. The smart array controller b140i detects that they are not genuine and although they work in windows server 2016 the alert LED is on. The firmware of my controller is version 4.04 and hp tells me that they are not their discs and they do not support me.
Is it possible to solve it?
Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
Anitha1
HPE Pro

Hi jperezme1,

As per HPE Standards, Non-HPE hard drives will not work properly with HPE array controller because the firmware on the Non-HPE Hard drives are not recognised by the HPE server or array controller.
Hence Non-HPE hard drives will not properly reflect.

If it helps please notify us.

Regards,
Anitha S

Accept or Kudo

jperezme1
Occasional Advisor

I'm looking for in hpe.com spare number of hdd 2Tb and 4Tb SATA non hot plug, but i see a lot of spares. Could you tell me what is right for me proliant ?

Thanks.

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

@Anitha1wrote:

Hi jperezme1,

As per HPE Standards, Non-HPE hard drives will not work properly with HPE array controller because the firmware on the Non-HPE Hard drives are not recognised by the HPE server or array controller.
Hence Non-HPE hard drives will not properly reflect.

If it helps please notify us.

Regards,
Anitha S

That is just not a n entirely correct statement. Smart Array controllers will recognise non HPE branded drives, but as noted will report as non genuine.  Drives that do not have HPE firmware may not be able to report some drive information to the controller.  If there is an issue, HPE support cannot provide support for hardware that is not from HPE.

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum!