1753377 Members
5286 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HDD won't add itself to RAID

Paul Cannon
Occasional Advisor

HDD won't add itself to RAID

I have a ML370 G1 at a remote site. The server is configured for Raid 5 with 3 drives. One of the drives died. I purchased a new drive, sent it to the site, and had a user slap the new drive in the server. A few days later I noticed that Insight Manager shows that the drive's status is " Ready for rebuild " . I've never seen it do this before ? I have replaced a lot of drives and usually the drive is added back to the array automtically by the software. Any ideas of what I need to do now. Version 6.4 of the Insight Manager agents are running on this box now.
" make it so "
4 REPLIES 4
SAKET_5
Honored Contributor

Hi Paul,

Could you verify by some other mechanisms as well that the drive has not been rebuilt yet. So, could you run ADU (Array Diagnostics Utility) or ACU (Array Configuration Utility)on the remote host and check the status of your drives/RAID 5 set?

Weird, i know...

regards,
Prashant (I am Back)
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Please use ACU for further details it will show you exact information on same.

Regards,
Prashant S.
Nothing is impossible
Paul Cannon
Occasional Advisor

I know this sounds very strange but when I fire up ACU it shows all three drives in the array. However CIM still reports it Ready for rebuild. We bounce our servers Sunday night and this one hung up in POST ( Event ID 1123 ) which is a ACU - array not configured issue. I asked the user to look and see what lights are on the drive and he reports none. I am thinking about having him reseat the drive. Your thoughts ?

Thanks,

Paul
" make it so "
JohnWRuffo
Honored Contributor

Have the user "re-save" the configuration to the controller. You should not make any changes, just get the config saved into the controller.
Enjoy!

Do you need help with your HP product?
Try this: http://www.hp.com/support/hpgt