1753971 Members
7952 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HDDs not found during w2k3 setup

woball
Occasional Advisor

HDDs not found during w2k3 setup

I know there are posts about having to load HP SAS drivers in setup but I was wondering what the sequence is for users who use the LSI utility and not the HP one to create RAID arrays which appear to be available as a standard logical volume but still cannot be seen under any conditions by w2k3 cd?
As usual, there is more than one way to skin a cat and would be grateful if anyone has successfully done it by an alternative method ie the LSI utility and no F6
let me know, ta.
5 REPLIES 5
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

hi

which server is that?

so you're trying to install windows ? right? SAS HDDs and which controller?

regard
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
e4services
Honored Contributor

I would not think it wold matter which Utility is used, you still need a Windows driver to be loaded at the prompt for additional drivers to have any devices and logical drives there of be recognized by Windows.
Hot Swap Hard Drives
woball
Occasional Advisor

It is a spanking new dl140 with 2 80 gb hdd.
I take your point about it still needing w2k3 drivers even if I do use the LSI utility but was a bit puzzled by the lack of info on the two choices, if indeed they are, and wondered if HP had any further docs about this as my initial searches have turned up diddly squat as the only doc is very, very short-hand and assumes all things going right.
woball
Occasional Advisor

OK, accepting the HP way and trying to install the drives as an array in the HP SATA BIOS utility to then install at F6 prompt but now the HP util is not seeing the drives at all(no drives detected) even tho I have deleted the array in the LSI util and cleared it down as much as poss.
Please can someone tell me what I need to do to get the drives seen by the BIOS and POST so that the HP Util can see them?
Ta.
woball
Occasional Advisor

not resolved