ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752806 Members
5795 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HELP ME: I must to install Windows XP on a HP ML350 G5

Emanuele Failla

HELP ME: I must to install Windows XP on a HP ML350 G5

HELP ME: I must to install Windows XP on a HP ML350 G5 with 2 SAS Driver of 72GB.
9 REPLIES 9
TTr
Honored Contributor

So what 's the problem? These servers are not meant for windows XP but I have heard the WinXP installs OK on some servers. You will not find all the XP drivers you need for this server HW so you shoult try the 32bit w2000 and w2003 drivers.
Emanuele Failla

excuse me for my poor english .... when install "Windows XP Pro" the system show me a massage of error because the 2 SAS 72GB HD (Raid) are not visible. Probably is necessary install first driver of Controller SAS .... but i'm beginner
can you help me?
TTr
Honored Contributor

During the windowsXP install you will see on the bottom the message . This is where you press F^. But you must have the drivers available on another media (floppy, USB another CD) to insert it when asked.

Search google for "Press F6 if you need to install a third party SCSI or RAID driver" and see what other people have done. You need to find the ML350 raid driver, I don't know if it exists for WinXp, you may want to try Win2000 or win2003 32bit drivers. There is no guarantee that it will work.
Emanuele Failla

thank you for your answer .... i understand .... but i don't have the driver of SAS CONTROLLER ... where i can get it???? please help me is very very important
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Like TTR said. Windows XP will probably not work on that machine. Try the drivers for win2k or win2k3.

Drivers can be found here:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?prodNameId=3279711тМй=en&cc=us&taskId=135&prodSeriesId=1121586&prodTypeId=15351
Emanuele Failla

an other problem is that windows xp installation read the driver in A: that isn't in ml350 g5 .... i need other most recent version of installation disk of win xp???
TTr
Honored Contributor

> an other problem is that windows xp installation read the driver in A:

That's another "feature" of windows XP! I don't have a windowsXP installation in front of me so I can't tell if you can change the A: drive or that's how WinXp is and there is nothing else you can do.
Emanuele Failla

ok! no problem for drive A:! now i can load the driver with externale floppy reader, press F6 in installation of windows xp and .....

but how is the driver that need to load and download from HP driver for ML350 G5? 1 or 2 or 3?

1) HP ProLiant Smart Array 5x and 6x Controller Driver for Windows 2000/Windows Server 2003

2) HP U320 SCSI Adapter, SAS/SATA HBA with RAID and SCxxXe series HBA Driver for Windows 2000

3) HP ProLiant Smart Array SAS/SATA Controller Driver for Windows 2000
TTr
Honored Contributor

The ML350 G5 has the E200 raid controller card so it is NOT 1 or 2. So you should try the #3 driver.