1747989 Members
4918 Online
108756 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HELP! Server down!

Jim Mickens_1
Occasional Advisor

HELP! Server down!

Proliant ML370 with 34GB Ultra3SCSI 10K rpm drives is locked up. Can't access, not even from the console (windows server 2003). Raid5 config. One of the drives arrow shaped lights is flashing in a pattern: 4 short, 1 long, 1 short, 2 long. Can't find any info about what this means. Need help asap!
7 REPLIES 7
Terri Harris
Honored Contributor

Which ML370 is this? G1? G2? G3? Can you ping the server? Have you rebooted?
Jim Mickens_1
Occasional Advisor

I wound up power cycling the server. The drive failed out on the startup and now the server is working fine. I've ordered a replacement drive.
Jim Mickens_1
Occasional Advisor

Oh - and to answer your other questions: There's no G designation on the server. The serial number tag says ML370T01 on it. At the time, I couldn't ping it, nobody could access it, and the console screen had gone black. Not the behavior I'd expect from a failed drive on a Raid5 array.
Terri Harris
Honored Contributor

You are correct that a one drive failure in a RAID 5 should not cause the symptoms you describe. Once drive is replaced & all are online again I would recommend further TS.
Note: You have the "G1" or first generation. Really need to know which model it is if you do any future postings.
If you have the latest PSP 7.20 installed there is online diagnostics under Windows. Run it & let us know if anything is reported.
Jim Mickens_1
Occasional Advisor

What's the PSP, and how do I get it? This server is not under a service contract.
Terri Harris
Honored Contributor

Here is the main software download page for the ML370g1 and Windows 2003:

http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/locate/69_1119.html

Select the first link, which is the PSP (Proliant Support Pack):

ProLiant Support Pack for Microsoft Windows Server 2003

- if necessary update System BIOS
- just revisions of firmware & update if needed.
Jim Mickens_1
Occasional Advisor

Thanks. Downloading it now. I may not have time to do this until Monday morning, but I will let you know.