1753354 Members
5030 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HELP on DL 360 G1

Mark J. Francisco
Frequent Advisor

HELP on DL 360 G1

We have a DL 360 G1 that had 3 drives fail in Bay 0 within a matter of two days. We had to replace the SCSI backplane, ROC, and motherboard in order for it to SEEM like it was resolved. The server was fine for a week and then just today the server ASRed three times and both drives were showing failed. The server was manually power cycled about an hour ago, and the server came up fine with both drives now showing like their fine. We did get a blue sceen (Bugcheck, STOP:0x0000007A,0xE2024C44,0x0000185, 0xA00C98B0,0...) right before each ASR. Please can anyone direct us towards the correct path for resolution.
7 REPLIES 7
Bruno Mesquita_1
Frequent Advisor

I had a similar problem in a DL760 and the problem was in the Scsi cable.
Try to switch the scsi cable and warranty that the scsi connector is well attached in both sides.

Regards
Bruno Mesquita_1
Frequent Advisor

In your question i did not understand if you changed the SCSI adapter. This error may be noise in the scsi BUS.
Did you check if the System Rom and SCSI Adapter need the firmware to be updated.
1. Update Firmware on SCSI Adapter and System Rom.
2. If don´t work, change the scsi cable.
3. If don´t work, change the scsi adapter. (Be aware, the scsi adapter cache, if there is one, should be changed first, then the scsi adapter with cache.)

Regards
Terry Hutchings
Honored Contributor

The most common cause of this kind of problem in this server is a system board problem. This might be an issue with a backplane or controller, but more likely sys bd.
The truth is out there, but I forgot the URL..
Mark J. Francisco
Frequent Advisor

The firmware on the BIOS is up to date (11/15/2002) and so is for the ROC (1.50). There is no SCSI cable, unfortunately, because we're using the ROC as the controller. Last night, I replaced the system board for the second time and so far no errors today. But let's see if we could get past a week without errors.
Bruno Mesquita_1
Frequent Advisor

DL360 G1 uses Wide Ultra2 SCSI ROC. What kind of disks drives are you using in the machine (SparePart) ?
Mark J. Francisco
Frequent Advisor

Issue still not resolved. The drive in bay 1 failed twice over the weekend. The drive in bay 1 failed on Friday, 10/21. We were thinking of running Support Pack and upgrading all drivers and firmware that need be.

We have been using part number 189395-001 HDD's.
Mark J. Francisco
Frequent Advisor

DO you recommend using 104663-001 HDD's?