3980 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HO DL145 g1 configure Raid???

veit_1
Occasional Contributor

HO DL145 g1 configure Raid???

Hi All,
sorry one question, i have a dl 145 server with two Hard discs, i think the Server have an Raid controller inside. In the manual i read "press F8 for configure your Raid controller" but nothig goes on when i press F8 at system startup, i'am confused, cause i only can press F10 for enter Bios but in that i fond nothing about a Raid, or i can press F12 for boot device or CTRL+S for the network controller. Maybe i didnt had a raid controller??? can someone help me?? Thanks in advanced.
6 REPLIES 6
~sesh
Esteemed Contributor

Only some models of the DL145 server ship with an Integrated U320 dual-channel SCSI HBA.

Depending on your model of server & depending on what controller is installed, you will have a different key to press, to get into the RAID configuration. Normally these servers ship with a SATA controller with RAID 0 & RAID 1 support.

The DL145 G1 server seems to have either an IDE controller or optional U320 SCSI controller. I am not aware of either controllers supporting RAID.

You can check the product # of the server against the model specified in the quickspecs:
http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/11910_div/11910_div.html#Models
James ~ Happy Dude
Honored Contributor

Hello,

Refer :
www.nliteos.com

This should be the BEST for you.

Regards.
veit_1
Occasional Contributor

hi,
thanks for you answers. a othe technican gay told me i should use the smart strat dic for prepare the server. Ok i start search the smart start disc and found it her on hp site but my old dl 145 is not listed in the supported systems. I Think the dic doesnt work - i try it to day evening. Now i know my server hae an simply ATA controller no scsi and no S-ATA.

thanks for your help - its great

regards
~sesh
Esteemed Contributor

That's right, the HP 100 series servers do not have support for Smartstart, or it could be the other way around. :)

Good luck!
e4services
Honored Contributor

Review the BIOS at start up. If there is a RAID controller, there sill be settings there is enabel/disable it.
Hot Swap Hard Drives
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

hi

e3services is correct in case you have any Card that support raid

check this

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=it&cc=it&taskId=115&prodSeriesId=374617&prodTypeId=15351&objectID=c00851490

Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!