cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP Agents 8.0 on RHEL5 - cmanicd Broken

Brian Paxton
Occasional Visitor

HP Agents 8.0 on RHEL5 - cmanicd Broken

I am installing the HP management and monitoring tools on a Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 server, but I can't get cmanicd to work.

On a fresh install of RHEL5, I install the following RPMs:

hp-ilo-8.0.0-144.rhel5
hpasm-8.0.0-173.rhel5
hpacucli-8.0-14

However, the NIC MIB won't respond, and /var/spool/compaq/cma.log is full of stuff like:

netsnmp_assert 1 == _access_interface_init failed mibgroup/if-mib/data_access/interface.c:149 netsnmp_access_interface_container_load()
netsnmp_assert 1 == _access_interface_init failed mibgroup/if-mib/data_access/interface.c:277 netsnmp_access_interface_entry_create()
netsnmp_assert 1 == _access_interface_init failed mibgroup/if-mib/data_access/interface.c:197 netsnmp_access_interface_index_find()
netsnmp_assert 1 == _access_interface_init failed mibgroup/if-mib/data_access/interface.c:668 netsnmp_access_interface_entry_overrides()
netsnmp_assert 1 == _access_interface_init failed mibgroup/if-mib/data_access/interface.c:652 netsnmp_access_interface_entry_overrides_get()
netsnmp_assert 1 == _access_interface_init failed mibgroup/if-mib/data_access/interface.c:277 netsnmp_access_interface_entry_create()
netsnmp_assert 1 == _access_interface_init failed mibgroup/if-mib/data_access/interface.c:197 netsnmp_access_interface_index_find()
netsnmp_assert 1 == _access_interface_init failed mibgroup/if-mib/data_access/interface.c:668 netsnmp_access_interface_entry_overrides()
netsnmp_assert 1 == _access_interface_init failed mibgroup/if-mib/data_access/interface.c:652 netsnmp_access_interface_entry_overrides_get()

I get 400 lines of errors every 30 seconds in this file.

Does anyone have cmanicd running successfully?

If I was to blindly guess at the problem, I would say that cmanicd is trying to populate the MIB tables cpqNicIfLogMapTable, cpqNicIfPhysAdapterTable
and cpqNicIfVlanTable with information. However, cpqNicIfVlanTable does not actually exist in my MIB files. If this is the problem where can I get a more up to date MIB file?
2 REPLIES
Rafaell
Occasional Visitor

Re: HP Agents 8.0 on RHEL5 - cmanicd Broken

The log errors you are getting are caused by the cmanicd daemon, the fix for this issue will be in PSP 8.10 and it's release date is this coming June.
Until then the workaround is to stop the daemon:
The best way to do this is:
1)"/opt/compaq/nic/etc/cmanicd stop". To stop the agent.
2)Add the cmanicd to the exclude line in the /opt/compaq/cma.conf file. This will prevet from running after a rebbot or service restart.

By doing this you will miss the nic monitoring capabilities.
Brian Paxton
Occasional Visitor

Re: HP Agents 8.0 on RHEL5 - cmanicd Broken

Thanks for this. I also noticed that cmaperfd is broken in this release, segmentation faulting just after startup:

Apr 29 12:23:59 st-dev1-cs12 kernel: cmaperfd[4264]: segfault at 0000000000000058 rip 0000000008049813 rsp 00000000ffb586b0 error 4

It crashes on my machine with 32GB RAM, but not on my machine with less RAM. Any chance of a fix for this too?

As a long term user of HP Proliant kit and Linux, I am amazed by HPs ability to release poor quality software like this. When can your users expect something fit for purpose?