5120 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP BL25p - Network IF order

C'est Pierre
Advisor

HP BL25p - Network IF order

Hello,

I work for a company where we recently received 10 HP BL25p and respective enclosure, the HP technician set about up everything, but he left no manuals or cds, whatsoever, I wasn't even present the day when all that arrived, so I am little lost and I must change the network interfaces order, that is, the connectivity goes through the second (eth1 on Linux) interface and oracle requires it to be on the first adapter, but if I change it on the system, I lose connectivity to the machine. I've looked to the back of the enclosure and besides 2-3 rj45 cables and around 8 (maybe more, maybe less) FC cables plugged in, I can't see anything else. I am guessing, given my naivety on the equipment, that there's some sort of "enclosure configuration" that allows me to switch the order (or routing) of the interfaces.

Anyone would be kind enough to help me out how to do this and point me documentation about the system or anything else you may see fit?

Thank you!
6 REPLIES 6
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

you have routing from attachment

depend ont he type of switch that you have GBE2 or CGESM
search from http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/welcome.html

GBE2 or CGESM

there will be User Guides for Configuration and settings

C'est Pierre
Advisor

How do I know which of the switches you mentioned is attached to the enclosure/blades? Right now, I only have access to the iLO and the machines themselves thru it.

Thanks
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

from ilo - got to BL-p-class - Rack View
click over interconnect it will gave you details
C'est Pierre
Advisor

I found out it's a GBE2, is there any manual for this router?

Thanks
Prashant (I am Back)
Honored Contributor

Something like that where we are talking about connectivity.
I think this is the simpler version.

PrashantS.
Nothing is impossible