ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753424 Members
5013 Online
108793 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP Blade BL25p and BL45p- Problems with static iLO IPs suddenly stop responding to pings

lawrence bowen_1
Occasional Advisor

HP Blade BL25p and BL45p- Problems with static iLO IPs suddenly stop responding to pings

Hi all,

I am having a strange problem with the iLOs in one of my Blade enclosures. The iLOs are on the latest firmware (1.82) and have static IPs, subnet mask and default gateway set in exactly the same range as the actual servers. There is NO problem with accessing the servers AT ALL. However, shortly after confuguring the statics, the iLOs stopped responding to pings, seemingly one-by-one! I have tried to turn off the auto-negotiation and set them to 100/Full Duplex and on a reboot they started working again, but within minutes once again stopped responding to pings. We are at our wits end trying to figure out whats going on here, it seems to be some kind of routing issue because we can ping them from one of the blade servers which are in the same IP range, however NOT from our usual IP range. But we can ping the servers which are on the same range as the iLOs, go figure.

Any idea??

Thanks

Lawrence Bowen
3 REPLIES 3
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

Re: HP Blade BL25p and BL45p- Problems with static iLO IPs suddenly stop responding to pings

1. Swap cable from Ilo Port on the management Module between two enclosures

2. Swap actual Management Module
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

You can try bypass switch and take cable directly from management module to test Laptop/server/PC - does the problem stay?

Next steps will depend on the results that you get
chongkan
Trusted Contributor

Hi, Lawrence

If you cannot access an iLO, try reseting the iLO by turning off the server and unplugging the power cords for 30 secs.

If you have local access you can also reset it by clicking on the "apply" button from the iLO Management Homepage on network settings, this will reset it even if no changes were made.

Hope it helps you. Regards.