1753449 Members
6069 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP DAT 24x6 and Prosignia 300

Oezkan
Occasional Contributor

HP DAT 24x6 and Prosignia 300

I would like to install a HP SureStore DAT 24 x6 to a Prosignia 300, it becomes with the internal scsi card only the drive ID 6 and the changer ID 7 isn't recognized.what do I make wrong?
Can you further help me there?
7 REPLIES 7
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

Check if SCSI controller has Id=7. Then check at the rear of autoloader unit to have Id=1 (for example) and autoloader option set to 7.
Remember: this unit uses LUNs - so go to SCSI card bios and turn on LUN support mode. LUN 0 will be tape drive itself, LUN 1 will be autochanger
Eugeny
Terry Hutchings
Honored Contributor

Does this autoloader require multiple scsi ids or multiple luns. If it requires multiple scsi ids, then the scsi id the drive should be 5 and the changer to 6. The scsi adapter by default uses id 7 for itself.
The truth is out there, but I forgot the URL..
Oezkan
Occasional Contributor

Hello
Thanks for the quickness answer,unfortunately, I reject not where I can change the LUN ID at a Prosignia 300 on the onboard SCSI Card.
The SCSI options be able to start SmartStart CD be changed only with this one.
The installed software version is WINNT4.0 SP6a,I have indicated the DAT with following ID.

DAT ID 1 Autoloader ID 6
DAT ID 5 Autoloader ID 6
DAT ID 1 Autloader ID 7

I, however, still don't see any Changer ,
Terry Hutchings
Honored Contributor

I'm not sure I understand. Is the drive and autoloader using ID 6 and 7, or is it 1 and 5? If you're using scsi id 7 for the autoloader, then I would expect to not see the autoloader mechanism either on post or in NT4.
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

See recommended HBA list at http://www.hp.com/cposupport/information_storage/support_doc/lpg50063.html . As I said there're 2 switches at the back: SCSI Id selection and autochanger option. SCSI Id should be different to SCSI controller (!=7) and autochanger option should be =7.
You have to turn card's LUN support on. Otherwise you will never see autoloader's changer device. If you can not find how to change it with this SCSI card you're trying to use then use recommended one (adaptec one) and go to its bios on boot (pressing control-A key combination) and change this parameter - LUN support - to on
Eugeny
Terry Hutchings
Honored Contributor

If this is the Compaq adapter which came with the machine, then LUN support should already be enabled.
Sy Sahade

Oezkan, your problem is solve or not ?
Your HP DAT should be at ID 6 and the autoloader at ID 7.
The DAT is recognized at the boot or not ?
If not, check your SCSI parameter in your setup (F10).
If the SCSI is enable in your setup and you can not see the tape at the boot, may be the SCSI is fault or your tape.
Sy