4912 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion

HP DL Gen Firmware Update Problems

saxa
Advisor

Re: HP DL Gen Firmware Update Problems

Daniel,

navigate to the download site of the firmware for your controller.

Download the CP020320.scexe file; check it's MD5 sum (should be 1dc0880c5526efa382a86f727b788336).

Stop all running VMs: you will need to reboot the server.

Login to your XEN server via ssh. Copy the file to /tmp. Make the file executable. Execute the file (./CP020320.scexe). Follow the instructions.

Cold reboot the server (complete shut down, 10 sec wait, unplug the power cord, all the same backwards).

Have fun...

kkpro
Regular Advisor

By the way, I got the following reply from HP:

"It seems that firmware upgrade through Intelligent Provisioning is currently disabled. Reason is unknown for us at this point"

:(

YerLANGuy
Occasional Visitor

I have the same problem with a BL660c Gen8; created a USB Bootable stick with PSP Sept2013 and added the EXE and MCEXE files for the CPLD 'critical fix' (Document ID: c03885073). I am running VMware ESXi 5.1u1 and am sick and tired of having to jump through hoops like some circus animal to install the critical fixes that HP publish for their kit.

When will HP acknowledge that people are running ESXi 5.1 on their Gen8 blades and start delivering an elegant way of delivering these patches to same?

Loading SPP2013090/vmlinux.....

Loading SPP2013090/initrd.img...

...ready.

Probing EDD (edd=off to disable)...

YerLANGuy
Occasional Visitor

I found a workaroud on this site here: http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/HP-BladeSystem/SmartStart-8-50-BL680c-G5-hanging-on-hardware-probe/td-p/4669317

Basically we have to hack  the cfg files after we create a Bootable USB stick, many thanks to the poster Robert_Boyd.

Saeedr
Occasional Collector

for workaround this problem you should  mount SPP ISO in ISO manager program and go to "system" folder ,open isolinux.cfg and add edd=off option after each nox2apic option and save it then you should regenerate ISO file with new isolinux.cfg file and boot server with the new ISO.

this workaround tested with SPP 2014-09 

S-HP

@Saeedr wrote:

for workaround this problem you should  mount SPP ISO in ISO manager program and go to "system" folder ,open isolinux.cfg and add edd=off option after each nox2apic option and save it then you should regenerate ISO file with new isolinux.cfg file and boot server with the new ISO.

this workaround tested with SPP 2014-09 

I have tested the steps that Saeedr posted with SPP 2014-09 and they do work. 

1. Mount ISO

2. Copy to local folder

3. Open isolinux.cfg

4. Search for nox2apic

5. Add edd=off after each instance (nox2apic edd=off)

6. Save file

7. Create new ISO image

8. Boot off image

Best wishes,

Steve