5957 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HP DL120 G7 issue on reboot

fischerhj
Occasional Visitor

HP DL120 G7 issue on reboot

Hi all,

we are facing the following issue with a new (few weeks in age) DL120 G7 server:

when the system is rebooted (due to patching or alike), we sometimes get the issue that the internal health LED is red blinking and an alarm sound is present. No errors are neither indicated in the log nor displayed on screen.

The issue sometimes persists when the system is hard-switched off and on again. Normally, after waiting some time and switching it off, it works later as expected.

Any hints on this? Having a look into the diagnosis paper for the server did not provide any hints.

Thanks, regards

Joerg Fischer

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

What is the BIOS version from the server? Make sure its the latest version

Does it happen everytime you restart?

Did you try and reseat parts in the system already? Memory, pci cards,etc

You will have to get some logs from the system first to see if its memory,etc

Look and save the IML log from the server.

Clear the NVRAM from the system,

see if it comes back after you checked all the steps above.

fischerhj
Occasional Visitor

Thank you very much for your support.

It is indeed the latest available BIOS version in place.

The issue is not always present but pops up from time to time. no changes to the delivered hardware (beside of adding original HP disk drives) is made to the server.

I will try the NVRAM reset and keep you posted.

Thanks, regards

Joerg Fischer

fischerhj
Occasional Visitor

Hi all,

Thank you very much for your support.

We have tried the NVRAM reset with no avail.

Now we also face issues while booting the system Windows Server. See the log attached below.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks, regards

Joerg Fischer

--

HP Insight Diagnostics Version 8.7.0.3946A (x86_64)
Computer Name: smartstartsystem009c029dd23c

Sensor Name Sensor Type Description Initial Occurrence Last Occurrence Count OS Boot OS Boot C: boot completed 10/19/2012 02:15:36 PM 11/7/2012 11:00:01 AM 8 OEM Sensor reserved OEM System Event 10/19/2012 02:15:36 PM 11/7/2012 11:04:44 AM 16 OS Critical Stop OS Critical Stop Undefined 10/23/2012 03:36:37 PM 11/7/2012 11:04:44 AM 8

BeamSI

We have the same problem. We bought 30 DL120 G7. Round about 10 of these Servers share this problem. We got 10 new system board boards. On two of the new board the problem reappeared. For one I got another exchange board and it reappeared after second reboot.  I hope I can give more information soon.