ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753611 Members
6090 Online
108797 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HP DL120G6 P212 Raid Controller Hang: Debugging ?

Matthew Darcy
Occasional Contributor

HP DL120G6 P212 Raid Controller Hang: Debugging ?

I have a HP DL120G6 server, currently running RHEL 6.2

The machine has 2 x 147GB Sata disks.

upon booting the machine if I press F8 to enter the P212 raid controller setup, I am presented with the blue menu screen with options to create array etc.

However I cannot move the menu items with the keyboard, the screen is hung and does not respond to any input.

I have tried with different USB and PS2 keyboards that are known working.

I suspect a fault with this raid controller but I don't know how to actually run a diagnostic on it.

The reason I am not sure of the issue is if I boot into RHEL 6 and use the command line tools to create a raid 0 mirrorarray , it works and creates an array (this can be confirmed working if I don't press F8 and allow the machine to boot I see one logical disk presented) if I then delete that array with the command line tools, the 1 logical disk presented message is replaces with no logical disks defined, Press F8 to create one messages, which if I press F8, I am again entered into the blue admin menu, but I am again unable to use the keyboard to move the cursour.

so the raid controller appears to be working fine, just not the menu system.

I can use the keyboard to move around the bios functionality fine, just not the raid controller menu.

Any suggestions on debugging or resolution would be most welcome.

2 REPLIES 2
Goutham_Sabala
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Matthew

Workaround : Boot the server from the Smart Start and Go to Array Config utility which will assist in creating a array

Diagnostics : Also Smart start has diagnostic for the controller which could identify issues with the controller.

Was the post useful? Say thanks by clicking the white KUDOS Star!
Goutham Sabala
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Workaround: if you have iLO you can configure it while accessing the remote console.