ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753959 Members
7319 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion

HP DL145G2, 3ware 9550SX-4LP: card does not appear in lspci -v under Linux, driver does not load

bdb

HP DL145G2, 3ware 9550SX-4LP: card does not appear in lspci -v under Linux, driver does not load

Hello,

I have a brand new HP DL145G2 and 3ware 9550SX-4LP SATA-II RAID card. I have used 3ware 9500SX cards in the exact same type of server before, but the new batch of 9550SX cards we purchased don't seem to be detected under Linux. They appear as a boot option in the HP BIOS, and the 3ware BIOS loads, works, and talks to the cards just fine; however, under RHEL 4 U3 (kernel 2.6.9-34.ELsmp), I don't see the card listed in lspci -v, nor does loading the driver manually detect any cards. (The driver loads fine; there are no issues with loading the module, etc.) Running DL145 G2 BIOS version 2.16 (the newest), and the firmware from 3ware codeset 9.3.0.4 (the newest).

I have tried adjusting many of the settings in the BIOS, but to no avail. I have also been dealing with a very helpful engineer at 3ware, but we've run into a brick wall as far as their own diagnostic utility can't locate the card.

Any one have any ideas? He had mentioned finding a way to drop the PCI bus down to 66mhz. Does anyone know a way to do that?

Thank you,

-Bryan