1753501 Members
4393 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HP DL160 G6 Fan Configuration

Gccering
Regular Visitor

I am having the exact same problem as you do on a DL160 G6 with 2x Xeon 5650. I can read true CPU temp at booting before the HP logo appears. Then the CPU temperature will stay at 30 degrees even after loading the OS. The CPU core temperature can be much higher, but IPMI reading stays at 30C. I tried to cold restart BMC after entering the OS (I am running Ubuntu), the temperature reads correctly after reset, but the all the fans run at full speed (between 11K and 14K) afterwards.

I wondre if there is any other solution. 

Matrix_IT

Hi,

we have the same exact problem, i googled for some time now but no solution found.

cpu shows 30degree in bmc but you almost burn you hands on the cpu heatsink.

did somebody found a solution?

kind regards,

andre

flux103
Occasional Visitor

I am having this exact same problem with two DL160's both with E5520's bmc shows 30C except during boot, please fix!
alexcaps

Even after 7 years the same problem still exists.

I kinda managed to work this around by adding a seventh fan on the free position (I believe it's the second or third one). I connected it to the CD power connector and used a PWM controller to set its speed to about 7k RPM. After I installed this new fan I noticed that the second processor was clearly colder - the wind) air flow generated by the additional fan is directed to the second processor. I noticed a small decrease on the speed of the other fans and also in the temperature.