6698 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP DL160 G8 + System Insight Manager 7.1 + win 2008 R2

rayg00n
Visitor

HP DL160 G8 + System Insight Manager 7.1 + win 2008 R2

Hi dear forum!

I'm the proud owner of the new DL160 G8 server. After installing windows 2008 R2 on the host, i am run the HP Proliant Support Pack 9.10 for Microsoft Server 2008 R2 and installing all included software. All it's great.

But we need control, monitor and get status messages from RAID (smart array p420i) via e-mail and sound event (PC speaker)

Using the search I found that this can be done via the HP System Insight Management. And this is where the problems began. After reading the documentation, I'm install HP SIM on that host without errors, but i can not subscribe to my DL160 G8 with WBEM provider. :(

I have a correct credentials (domain administrator) and my server is domain member.

I tried to test event connection with application "Test Wbem Events" or "HP Insight Managment WBEM Providers". Any test got the same error: "root\HPQ\TestEventCOnnection error at ." (look at the screen)

I am never working with HP SIM before. Has anyone encountered this error? Can anyone help me ?

Google and HP'site have no search results. :(

PS:Sorry for my bad english.

2 REPLIES 2
HserHK
Occasional Advisor

Re: HP DL160 G8 + System Insight Manager 7.1 + win 2008 R2

I have a similar problem on StoreEasy with Server 2012, to solve it, just right click and "Run as Administrator"

rayg00n
Visitor

Re: HP DL160 G8 + System Insight Manager 7.1 + win 2008 R2

Yes, we solve this problem years ago by disabling UAC on the server. But this is not so good for us,because we have a terminal server, which UAC must be turn on.