New Discussion

HP DL20 G10 cannot install anything

SOLVED
Go to solution
Audi911
Visitor

HP DL20 G10 cannot install anything

Hello, 

Has anyone ever encounter this. I have a new HP DL20 G10. Latest SPP is installed on it (2022 version)

There seems to be 2 raid controllers on this

HP SR100i

HP E208i-a

If I plug the SAS cable into the motherboard (which is supposed to be the SR100 no drives are found, no matter what I do in the BIOS (SW Array or AHCI) it doesn't ever detect any drives when I go to the array configuration utility

When I plug the SAS cable into the 208i-a card I am able to configure my array of 2 drives but then when I put in my Windows ISO (whether it is from a USB drive or from iLO) it will always give me a Driver_PNP_Watchdog error when loading Windows (when the little circle turns) and reboots. 

I've tried this with Server 2022 / 2019 nothing works.

Why would HP make such a complicated server? What do I need to do to make this server work properly?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Audi911
Visitor
Solution

Re: HP DL20 G10 cannot install anything

Hello again, 

For people who might have experienced this issue also I solved it myself by using the Intelligent Provisioning and then rebooting the server once it finished doing its thing and forcing it to boot off the RAID card.

I was able to get into Windows correctly.

Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Re: HP DL20 G10 cannot install anything

Hello @Audi911 

Good to know that you were able to resolve the issue
.If you have no further query, kindly mark the topic as Solved so that it is helpful for all community members.

Thankyou
Suman

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo