ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752650 Members
5246 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP DL360 G3 Server Fan Noisy

itjackie

HP DL360 G3 Server Fan Noisy

our DL 360 server internal fan very noisy. I want to try to mute the noisy, can you let me know how can set this.
6 REPLIES 6
Sivakumar TS
Honored Contributor

Hi,

The noisy FAN would be mostly a Hardware problem only, we can call the support people and get it lubricated / replaced.

parallely you can also get into the system setup utilty and check for any possible rpm settings that can be modified in this server, which is specific to different servers.

HtH,

Siva.
Nothing is Impossible !
Petr Obermajer
Occasional Advisor

I am afraid it is HW problem with it --> you shall to call your service contact and wanted to replace it (307525-001 = System fan assembly)
Igor Karasik
Honored Contributor

You can control fan speeds with system management homepage, the Health Driver provide support for the fan control.
See this articles as well:
"Certain ProLiant DL360 G3 Servers Require System ROM Update And Maintenance Switch Setting To Allow Control Of Fan Speed By The Health Driver"
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&objectID=PSD_EL030207_CW01
"Some Fans Used In The ProLiant DL360 G3 Server May Generate High Noise Levels And Require Fan Cable Extension Adapters"
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&objectID=PSD_EL031120_CW01
Cameron Todd
Regular Advisor

Yes, you probably need to load the server management software, as we had a new DL360 that did the same thing. ie. Fans ran full speed (deafening) until the software support modules were installed, then the fans dropped to a much slower speed.

If you are in an air-conditioned, cool environment then the fans certainly won't need to run fast.
itjackie

Ca you advice me you load server software name. Because I have loaded, but cannot change, please advice me how to active this function.

J
Cameron Todd
Regular Advisor