5592 Online
108787 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HP DL360 G7 not booting after adding a PCI express card

M.S
Advisor

HP DL360 G7 not booting after adding a PCI express card

Hi All,

We are facing a critical issue where our HP dl 360 G7 server hangs at booting when we add a PCI express card.

The card is working properly (we installed it on another server and tried it)

The PCI express slot is working also, we installed another PCI-e card and the system boots.

But whenever we use this specific card the system hangs. (We upgraded the BIOS firmware to the latest version and the problem persists)

Any suggestions here?

Appreciate your reply 

4 REPLIES 4
Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Hi,

This DL360 G7 uses a PCI Riser option to install the cards.

Regarding your issue, let us know what type of card is being installed and what type of card was tested on this server to make sure pci slot is good.

On which server model did you check this PCI Express card to make sure its working good.

Once the card is installed, the server will not BOOT to the OS or the server will not POST.

I would suggest to check the card and server specification to make sure both are compatible.

Good Luck.

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

Goutham_Sabala
Esteemed Contributor

What is the model of the PCI express card and the part number ?

Was the post useful? Say thanks by clicking the white KUDOS Star!
Goutham Sabala
M.S
Advisor

Hi, 

We are using a dialogic ss7hde pci express card.

The HP dl 360 G7 server fails to boot. The BIOS seems hanging at the initialization phase.

When the card is installed, we are even not able to access the RBSU setup.

We tested the server with a graphics card, the server started and the card was successfully recognized.

We tested the card on an Asus server, and it was successfully recognized.

We did a simulation in our lab, same server and same card and we didn't face any problem. (Also to note that these cards were successfully  tested in our lab onHP DL 360 G7 before 

sending them onsite).

The only difference between the production server and the one in our lab is that the production one (the failing server) uses DC power instead of AC. 

Thanks,

Goutham_Sabala
Esteemed Contributor

Well Dialogic Brooktrout Fax Board had some issues on Dl360 g7 but not ss7hde , I would say if power is the only difference between working and non working, change it if possible to see if that is the issue

Was the post useful? Say thanks by clicking the white KUDOS Star!
Goutham Sabala