1753261 Members
4978 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HP DL360 Gen10 Keeps Booting To One-time Boot Menu

KimRay
Occasional Visitor

HP DL360 Gen10 Keeps Booting To One-time Boot Menu

A newly shipped pre-configured HP DL360 Gen10 server keeps booting to One-time boot menu and when we manually boot from RAID-1 in the One-time boot menu, it comes back to the One-time boot menu. Stuck in a loop and unable to boot. Please advise.

2 REPLIES 2
Anu_K
HPE Pro

Hello KimRay,

The issue looks like server is unable to detect the boot volume. You could try the troubleshooting steps suggested in below document under OS Boot Issues section (Pg: 50 & 51) - https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=emr_na-a00017522en_us

Hope it helps!

Note: "While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company."

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

AmRa
HPE Pro

Check by adding a boot option to the UEFI Boot Order list in RBSU

Adding a boot option to the UEFI Boot Order list
Use Add Boot Option to select an x64 UEFI application with an .EFI extension, such as an OS boot loader or other UEFI
application, to add as a new UEFI boot option.
The new boot option is appended to the UEFI Boot Order list. When you select a file, you are prompted to enter the boot option description (which is then displayed in the boot menu), as well as any optional data to be passed to an .EFI application.

Procedure
1. From the System Utilities screen, select System Configuration > BIOS/Platform Configuration (RBSU) > Boot Options > UEFI Boot Settings > Add Boot Option.
3. Browse for an .EFI application from the list, and then press Enter.

•For SUSE LINUX Enterprise Server 11 SP3, the path is \efi\SuSE\elilo.efi
•For SUSE LINUX Enterprise Server 12, the path is \efi\suse\grubx64.efi
•For Red Hat Enterprise Linux, the path is \EFI\redhat\grub.efi •For Ubuntu Linux, the path is \efi\Ubuntu\bootx64.efi

4. If necessary, continue to press Enter to drill-down through the menu options.
5. Enter a boot option description and optional data, and then press Enter.
The new boot option appears in the UEFI Boot Order list.
6. Select Commit changes and exit.

Changing the UEFI Boot Order list
Use the UEFI Boot Order option to change the order in which entries in the UEFI Boot Order list boot.
Procedure
1. From the System Utilities screen, select System Configuration > BIOS/Platform Configuration (RBSU) > Boot Options > UEFI Boot Settings > UEFI Boot Settings > UEFI Boot Order.
2. To navigate within the boot order list, use your pointing device or the arrow keys.
3. Select an entry and change its order in the list:
• To move an entry higher in the boot list, press the + key, or drag and drop the entry.
• To move an entry lower in the boot list, press the - key, or drag and drop the entry.
4. Save your changes.

Please refer UEFI System Utilities User Guide for HPE ProLiant Gen10,ProLiant Gen10 Plus Servers, and HPE Synergy (Page number 84) for more information.

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docLocale=en_US&docId=a00112581en_us

Moderator edit: Updated the broken link. 

I am an HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo