ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752620 Members
4242 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP DL360, dual NICs. All OK, but no communication?

HP DL360, dual NICs. All OK, but no communication?

Our server has lost connectivity with our network. The IP address and stack are valid. The NIC is showing a little traffic (in Network Connection Status), but VERY little. I am able to ping the machine locally, but not from another PC on the same network. IPCONFIG shows all is well. I am not able to ping other pc's on the network. No Internet access either. I have rebooted, uninstalled the driver, disabled the NIC, tried DHCP... everything I can think of. This is true of BOTH network cards on the DL360. This is a GC in an AD domain.
4 REPLIES 4
Srinivas Suddapalli
Frequent Advisor

Hi Tim,

The network cards on the system board are Two embedded NC3163 10/100 Fast Ethernet PCI NICs with WOL (Wake On LAN) if not having any network connectivity following can be checked:

Check if they are teamed, disconnect and try with individual ports.
Check if issue persist when both network ports are connected
Need OS info as you can refer to articles if it is windows 2000: Q258487 Q175767 Q157025
Check for link led's on ports and also ensure to update BIOS.

Finally we can try using a different ip segment on both ports.

Regards,
Srinivas S
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

hi Tim

is that a Dl360 generation 5??

run this on cmd

hpnetsvy > nic_survey.txt

and post it here

bye
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
Peter Helps

Hi

Tim did you ever get to the bottom of this issue?
I am having the same problem with a DL360 G4p. Every now and then it drops it's network connection but everything looks fine. Have even installed an additional NIC in the machine but no difference.

Karlo - I have attached a hpnetsvy as you suggested. Any help greatly appreciated.

Peter