1752553 Members
4399 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP DL380 G3 Memory Issue

waleed mahran

HP DL380 G3 Memory Issue

I have a DL380 G3 which has the following Post Issue

207 - Invalid Memory Configuration - Incomplete Bank Detected In Bank C - System Halted.
-the issue is I never had memory in bank C.
-I only have bank A&B populated 4*512.
-same issue when only populating bank A or swaping the memory of the 2 banks.
-I have cleared the NVram.
-I even Replaced the whole SystemBoard but still have the same issue.

Please help
5 REPLIES 5
GB Tek
Valued Contributor

What are the part numbers of your memory dimms? The correct part numbers for that system are 300700-001.
Ask and you shall receive
waleed mahran

I will chek the part number anyway,
but I didn't do any upgrade the system was working ,it's the same memory modules I bought it with
GB Tek
Valued Contributor

The only reason I ask is that if you changed the system board, it should remove any doubts that there is a problem with the system board. And seeing as the error involves memory, it would be interesting to note what type of memory is in the server. The other option is to try booting with one pair (2 dimms). And try different combinations of dimms.
Ask and you shall receive
Dennis HP

Good afternoon Waleed

Try to take the Riser Cage out of the server....that's the first step. Try to work with a Known Good Riser Cage.

First of all.....are the dimms HP memory ?.

If they are, do we have the correct part number ? The correct spare part number is: 300700-001

We should check this link: http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c00571578

This issue seems to be related to the memory dimms....you will need to troubleshoot one by one.
Have you tried working with the Smart Start CD and run the Insight Diagnostics ?.
waleed mahran

sorry for taking so long I was out of office

yes all the memory modules are HP branded and the Spare p/n: 300700-001 ,component p/n: 261584-041 DDR PC2100 512MB and i have 4 modules

I cannot use the smart start cd as the system halts after displaying the invalid memory configuratuion Err msg

I have No access to the system unless I use the ILO (and I don't know how and/or if i can get any thing out of using it)