1753458 Members
4794 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP DL380 G5 and ADS 1.1

Stuart MacKay
Occasional Advisor

HP DL380 G5 and ADS 1.1

I have quite a few HP DL380 G5 servers that I need to build with Microsoft ADS 1.1
I can build all servers up to the latest G5 servers.
I have copied the NIC drivers to the correct path "\Program Files\Microsoft ADS\NBS\Repository\User\PreSystem" and restarted the adsbuilder service.
This MS Kb article displays mostly the problem (but we are using ADS v1.1) KB841550
Can anyone help?
15 REPLIES 15
Jerry Debner
Advisor

Stuart,

Have you been able to get this to work yet? We are about to go down this path and am curious as to your success. Are you using WinPE or the DA? We are using PE and we are having an issue with the 580g4's - the adsadminagent will not start.
Stuart MacKay
Occasional Advisor

I have a call with Microsoft PSS.
We have resolved an issue with ADS on Windows 2003 Std (no SP). There are hotfixes that MS can supply.
Not resolved the G5 issue yet, but think next week we will resolve with MS PSS
please email me if you need to know more.
stu_mackay at hotmail dot com
M_ER
Visitor

Hi,

Did you solve this problem?
Can you share how you did?

Regards
Jerry Debner
Advisor

We have an networking engineer / developer coming on site this week. We are working on getting the 580g4 to boot to winpe. I will let you know how we solve this issue - finally!
Stuart MacKay
Occasional Advisor

I am still working with MS PSS on resolving this issue. Will update when I have a resolution.
Tony Cresswell
Frequent Advisor

I'm using ADS 1.1 with WinPE on a 380G5.

I had to find the NC373i drivers and put them in the ExtraNics folder and recerate the WinPE image.

Once you've done that laod it back into the ADS repository.
Stuart MacKay
Occasional Advisor

Tony,
"I'm using ADS 1.1 with WinPE on a 380G5.
I had to find the NC373i drivers and put them in the ExtraNics folder and recerate the WinPE image.
Once you've done that laod it back into the ADS repository."

Are you meaning get the drivers after you have created a PE image? and put them in the "%SystemRoot%\Program Files\Microsoft ADS\NBS\Repository\User\PreSystem" folder?
Could you send me the drivers in a zip file as we do not use PE. stu_mackay at hotmail dot com.

Thanks

Stuart
Tony Cresswell
Frequent Advisor

Use these drivers:

http://h18000.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/24325.html

The 380 G5 has the NC373i NIC embedded which is the multifunction device supporting iSCSI and everything. The normal NC drivers don't cover it!

Copy these into the PreSystem and all should be good for your Deployment Agent
Stuart MacKay
Occasional Advisor

Tony,
I have tried all of the available drivers new and old. These do not work with creating the RAMDISK boot image. Works with every model except the G5 with the NC373i. MS PSS are having problems working out how to fix the problem to.

Any more information would be great.