1753905 Members
9955 Online
108810 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP DL380 G5 shuts down on it's own

Conrad Bel
Occasional Contributor

HP DL380 G5 shuts down on it's own

We have a HP DL380 G5 running terminal service with thin clients that shuts down on it's own about 2 times a day. Every time it does this, Terminal Service has to be re-installed. Has anyone seen this before? I don't have the event logs but can have them sent to me.
6 REPLIES 6
YAQUB_1
Respected Contributor

Can U check Ur system power supply, memory & mother board, because most of ProLiant Server cases this three reason. BTW, U can check first SmartStart CD & diagnosis Ur system & find which H/W faulty. If U can not find out any H/W error then U finger out OS level issue.
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

hi

"system power supply, memory & mother board"
well those are too many parts...

server has 1 or 2 power supplies? just in case no matter how many reseat them (it)

also check integrated management log and event viewer

regards

Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
ictc

I have a G5 that has a similar problem. I have tried changing eveything apart from the motherboard. Mine sometimes won't boot and just powers down.
Greybeard
Esteemed Contributor

If you have two power supplies try running it with one removed, as the issue may be the PSU backplane. If it works on one psu it probably is the B/plane. This problem can be worse with some UPSs.

Thanks to everyone that has replied. Seems that everyone is kind of pointing to power supplies. This is funny because we are deffinately having power issues. We had to uninstall APC Power Chute soon after installing it because we were getting hundreds of errors in the event logs. I will pass this info on to my Tier 3 personnel.
Gary Antonio Benavides
Trusted Contributor

Hi!

Do you have Integrated Management Log? Is there any Error During POST? Is there an amber LED infront of the server? Is there any error code? Have you run any hardware diagnostic on this server? Do you have the latest firmware and driver?

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SupportTaskIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&taskId=110&prodSeriesId=1121516&prodTypeId=15351&supportTaskId=23150

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&taskId=110&prodSeriesId=1121516&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=1121516&objectID=c00791651

Regards,
If it's not fun, you're not doing it right