108782 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP DL380 G6 "The BIOS is not fully ACPI compliant..."

SOLVED
Go to solution
NickC1
Advisor

HP DL380 G6 "The BIOS is not fully ACPI compliant..."

I have an HP DL380 G6 that has been running Windows Server 2003 (32 bit)

I would like to install Server 2008 R2, and have tried several times, but I keep receiving the message stated in the title. I have performed several updates to the hardware/firmware (including the BIOS which is 7/2013)

Am I overlooking something? (obviously I am, but what? )

I would be happy to provide any additional information that is pertinent to helping me resolve my problem.

Thanks in advance!

*Additionally, I have removed all of the memory except for 2 sticks of RAM. (4GB each) I have also removed the PCI card, and the 512MB cache and battery for the P410i. I have 8 drives (SATA) configured in RAID 1+0. I haven't seen an ACPI setting in the BIOS, so I assume that it is in the actual update. I also assume that Server 2008 R2 reads the HAL and perhaps that is where the issue is stemming from? The BIOS I have "should" be ACPI compliant, right?

**So the Technical Information reads:

**STOP: 0x000000A5  (0x00000011, 0x0000006, 0x0000000, 0x0000000)

*Update* 9/10/2015

I removed the RAM and reseated it, just to check. Still no success. I checked all connections on the mother board also, just to verify that none were loose. I have scoured the internet as well as these forums, and tried just about everything suggested. This server certainly has the hardware to run Server 2008, just not sure how to overcome this roadblock. Would REALLY appreciate some insight.

I am at a bit of a loss here. Anyone have any suggestions?

*BUMP 9/11/2015* Anyone?

**UPDATE* 9/14/2015

Ran another series of updates for Server 2003, hoping that maybe one of them would be the ticket...no luck. Anyone have any  ideas? Please? Can the ACPI requirement be bypassed somehow?

Help???

**UPDATE** 9/15/2015

I have installed all of the latest Firmware and BIOS updates from HP. I am still getting the ACPI non compliant BIOS error.

Can anyone out there, anyone at all, help steer me in the right direction?

Please?

**UPDATE** 9/15/2015

Is it possible that the 750W power supplies are what is causing this issue? Maybe someone from HP could comment?

**UPDATE** 9/17/2015

I tried using the SmartStart cd this morning to boot from (8.70-B) and this is the message that I receive:

(see attachment)

It hangs at this screen. Any ideas? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?

16 REPLIES 16
Jan Soska
Honored Contributor

Hello, have you tried install win2008r2 directly without smartstart?

Jan

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

Have you tried resetting RBSU back to factory defaults?

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
NickC1
Advisor

Hi Jan, and thanks for the reply. Yes, I have tried installing Server 2008 from the DVD as well as a USB drive. Same error.

Any suggestions?

NickC1
Advisor

Hi Jimmy, and thanks for the response. Yes, I have tried resetting the RBSU back to defaults as well as completely clearing the cache. I have also replaced the BIOS battery just in case.

Any ideas?

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

Quick guess without checking anything is the CPU is 32bit only?  2008 R2 is a 64bit OS

NickC1
Advisor

Good suggestion Jimmy. I was thinking that too originally, but the CPU's are both Intel XEON E5540's which are x64bit.

It's odd that the error message says BIOS is not ACPI compliant, since it is a 2015 BIOS and I have verified with HP that it is indeed ACPI compliant.

I am baffled...

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

A note I found here states that 2008 R2 is only supported with Service Pack 1

http://h17007.www1.hp.com/us/en/enterprise/servers/supportmatrix/windows.aspx#.VhJ_9rEo6fA

You have to click the previous servers button and select 2008 R2

NickC1
Advisor

Great catch and good information.  I do have Server 2008 R2 with SP1, so I agree that it "should" work.

I even made a custom installer with a modified HAL just to be sure.

So far, you have given me some really good info though! Please, keep it coming. I am open to trying anything at this point!

BIG THANKS!

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

That's about all I have, it shows as tested and supported with 2008 R2 and 2012 so I really don't know why you are getting the error.