Did you mean: 

HP DL380 G6

SOLVED
Go to solution
shadi_ss
Advisor

HP DL380 G6

Dear All,
I have HP DL380 G6 Server , i would like to install windows server 2003 enterprise edition
after boot the server from the HP Smart CD 8.30. and when i inserted the windows media CD , before the final installation of windows suddenly i had received Blue screen .
that mean remove any additional Devices and reboot the server in the safe mode.
i was afraid that causes the firmware version but my server firmware version is up to date .

Thank You
5 REPLIES
Elko
Frequent Advisor

Re: HP DL380 G6

Please try to set up all to defaults in BIOS. The path is, enter to BIOS ( F9 ) then, Advanced options...re( set ) all to defaults version...

Hope this helps

/home/BIH/Sarajevo
Cederberg
Honored Contributor

Are you using an SP2 media of windows 2003?

I think the smartstart CD requires that.
Solution

Hi Shadi,

Solution:
If the server gets the blue screen at this point (during installing the devices), the issue can be fixed performing the following workaround:
1. Reboot the machine and get into BIOS.
2. Go to System Options â Processor Options â Intel Hyper threading . Disable this option.
3. Go back to Processor Options and choose Core Disabling . Then choose One core .
4. Save the changes and reboot the server. Continue with the installation as normal.

This is how we thank each other in the forum

http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/helptips.do?#33

Regards.
Kind Regards,
Erdogan.
I am HPE Employee

If this helps you with your issue, please click the thumb to register a Kudo.
If it resolves the issue, please consider marking it as an Accepted Solution.
The comments in this post are my own and do not represent an official reply from the company. No warranty or guarantees of any kind are expressed in my reply.
shadi_ss
Advisor

Thanks All,
Thank you Erdogan Temur, server is working fine.

regards
shadi
katie1
Frequent Advisor

Hi

Erdogan Temur

what differance will these changes make and after the os is installed should they be enabled again..
is there a HP advisory on this

thanks..