5097 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HP DL380 G8 Intelligent Provisioning unable to connect to update server

Jake2223
Occasional Contributor

HP DL380 G8 Intelligent Provisioning unable to connect to update server

Hello,

I'm trying to run the firmware updates on a DL380 Gen8 server using the Intelligent Provisioning. I have confirmed that the NIC is configured and working. When I click on the firmware option I get a message that the update server cannot be contacted. I have tried this on 3 different servers all the same model. I have updated the Intelligent Provisioning to 1.62b but still receive the same error message.

2 weeks ago I was able to perform the update process on a DL380 G8 without issue. I tested the update process on that same server last week and this week and now I receive the error message cannot connect to update server.

Does anyone know if the Software Update Server URL has changed with HP splitting up home and enterprise devices? I did run across many links that redirected me to hpe.com domain.

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
Randomroll

Hi there,

I've just bought a Proliant Microserver and Firmware Updates aren't working, showing up your same message in the screen.

Seems HP is having a hard time with their servers.

BTW, I've disabled the assisted firm updates. I'll have to do them by hand under my OS.

AndyAk

I'm having the exact same problem, had to do the manual update. Anyone know if this is going to be fixed soon?

AV-DKeatts

We are running into the same issue as well, hopefully it will be resolved soon. Manually updating the firmware is chore for the volume we process.