ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752719 Members
5723 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HP DL380e Gen8 - Drives connected to which SAS channel?

Gene Laoyan
Super Advisor

HP DL380e Gen8 - Drives connected to which SAS channel?

On an HP DL380e Gen8 with 12 LFF drive bays, of the bays, which drive bays are cionected to which SAS channel for SAS A and SAS B?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Cali
Honored Contributor

Look here:Clipboard01.png

ACP IT Solutions AGI'm not an HPE employee, so I can be wrong.
Gene Laoyan
Super Advisor

Unfortunately I have to wait for the next shutdown to crack it open. however......

My question was more of, which channel are disk bays 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 connected to as well as 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12?

I need to know because we are going to put into the mix some SAS drives but the drives 1, 2 , 3 , 4 are SATA and I know you can only hace one protocol per channel. In our case the SATA protocol is on the first set of disks.

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

@Gene Laoyan wrote:

Unfortunately I have to wait for the next shutdown to crack it open. however......

My question was more of, which channel are disk bays 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 connected to as well as 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12?

I need to know because we are going to put into the mix some SAS drives but the drives 1, 2 , 3 , 4 are SATA and I know you can only hace one protocol per channel. In our case the SATA protocol is on the first set of disks.

You can't mix SAS and SATA in the same array,, I know of no limitations of what port of the controller they are attachd to

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
Cali
Honored Contributor

Physical the Drive Bay does not matter, because each Bay have its private lane. It looks like 2 big Cables, but each have 4 SAS/SATA lanes inside.
You can mix as you need.
Array side is different.
ACP IT Solutions AGI'm not an HPE employee, so I can be wrong.