ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753789 Members
7635 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

HP DL380p G8 firmware- storage controller update?

VVladinov
Occasional Visitor

HP DL380p G8 firmware- storage controller update?

Hello, everyone

I'm having a hard time updating the firmware of a HP DL380p G8 server. The thing is that there is no operating system installed and I would like to update the Storage Controller Firmware before installing ESXi or any type of OS. Can someone give me a hint how this update can be done with no OS installed?

P.S. I do know about HP service pack, but this is the last update that has to be done, so I prefer not to use it.

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
waaronb
Respected Contributor

Re: HP DL380p G8 firmware- storage controller update?

Booting off the latest SPP image will give you a chance to update firmware. The latest 2014.06 SPP should have the most recent DL380 Gen8 firmware, but if something newer did come out you could download the SCEXE version of any firmware updates and create a USB boot disk. I forget the process but just search HP for the USB boot key utility or whatever it was called.
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

The best solution is IMHO to get the SPP 2014.06

http://www.hp.com/go/spp

and create an USB stick. The USB creator tool is included in the image. Just boot and select interactive update, so you can decide what to update.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
VVladinov
Occasional Visitor

Hello,

Sorry for the late answer. Thank you for the ideas, but I managed to uptade it using a live CD.