1752588 Members
4208 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP DL385 G1 and G3 HP DL380 G3 Raid Monitor Notifications

TheFuzz4

HP DL385 G1 and G3 HP DL380 G3 Raid Monitor Notifications

Hey Everyone,

We have several HP servers ranging from HP DL385 G1, G3, HP DL 380 G3 and also HP DL585 G1 and G2.
The HP DL 585G2 I'm not worried about since it is running VMWare ESXI but as for the others.
I was wondering if HP makes software that will monitor my disks in the servers and notify if one of the drives fails. My biggest concern for this is last night I was at our offsite datacenter and noticed that one of the drives was lit up with the almighty red X how long has it had this for I have no idea but if there was some way that the servers could shoot me an e-mail letting me know that one of the servers has a drive issue would be great. I have an adaptec PCI storage card in one of our home built servers that does this and it is wonderful to know when a drive fails and that the raid has started the rebuild process. So if there is something that I can use for these other servers that will let me know that something bad happened. Thank you in advance for your assistance with this.
2 REPLIES 2
Shiraj Fernando
Regular Advisor

Re: HP DL385 G1 and G3 HP DL380 G3 Raid Monitor Notifications

Hi TheFuzz4,

You can use HP Systems Insight Manager.

It's free and meets all your requirements. You may have to update the agents on your servers.

Check it out at http://h18013.www1.hp.com/products/servers/management/hpsim/index.html?jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Shiraj Fernando
Terry Hutchings
Honored Contributor

Re: HP DL385 G1 and G3 HP DL380 G3 Raid Monitor Notifications

What OS are the other servers running? If they're running Windows, another possibility will be to use the event notifier. This would not be the best choice though if you have a very large amount of servers as this needs to be configured on a server by server basis.

If you have a large amount of server, then I would agree with the previous post on using SIM.
The truth is out there, but I forgot the URL..