ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752781 Members
6104 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP DL385 G7 doesn't boot and doesn't power off with power button [problem with boot from P410i]

GiacomoB
Occasional Contributor

HP DL385 G7 doesn't boot and doesn't power off with power button

Hi all,

I have a Proliant DL385 G7, suddenly no longer visible remotely; 

the server is on without warning LEDs on, PSU led ok, FANs run at high speed,

no video output (blackscrren). I tried turning it off by long press the power button on front panel

but the server doesnt switch off, to turn it off I have removed the power cables from both PSUs

Restarted the server but it doesn't boot (no POST), I tried starting in minimal configuration

without PCI Riser Card and only 2 dimm's but the situation has not changed

On system board the ILO POST LED indicator are all off

I suspect it's a motherboard problem but the fact of not being able to turn it off with power button

is very strange (maybe problem with operating panel?) 

Thank you in advance for any suggestions

GiacomoB

2 REPLIES 2
Pra_Sah
HPE Pro

Re: HP DL385 G7 doesn't boot and doesn't power off with power button

Hello GiacomoB,

Thank you for the query.

Looking at the query, it seems that this requires further investigation. Please raise a support ticket with HPE Technical Support so that it can be investigated further.

Regards,

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

GiacomoB
Occasional Contributor

Re: HP DL385 G7 doesn't boot and doesn't power off with power button [problem with boot from P410i]

Hi all,

the problem was double, I have replaced CPU2 and motherboard since the socket 2 was also damaged.

now the system is up&running only i don't add a PCI Riser Card (with 2 Fiber Card) in the slot 1;

with this riser insert the server does not boot, looking in the RBSU the RAID Controller Embedded P410i

result 'Disable' and the attempt to change status in Enable it fails.

In attach two pics, with and without riser insert.

why can't I enable the integrated controller? Thanks for your suggestion.DL385G7_with Riser.jpgDL385G7_RBSU_withoutRiser.jpeg Giacomob