1752782 Members
6243 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP DL785 G6 Won't POST

Puntoboy
Occasional Contributor

HP DL785 G6 Won't POST

Not sure if anyone can help me with such an old server. I bought it from eBay a few months ago but for one reason or another I didn't power it on until the other day. Now I cannot get it to boot most of the time. 

At first I was getting an error on the SID showing amber lights against all DIMM slots in CPU Cell 1 so I took it out, reseated all the memory and tried again. This did not work. I then swapped the CPU Cell with slot 8 (the Bott CPU) and the the error lights moved. So I thought the issue must be with that cell., put the old one back and the errors stayed. I then swapped the other cells around (I have four) and I would vary from no POST, to errors, to only seeing one or 2 CPU cells. 

At the moment bays 1-2 & 7-8 are populated and all lights are green. But no POST or display. No beeps or anything else.

3 REPLIES 3
denis_b
HPE Pro

Hello @Puntoboy!

Sorry for delay with response. Is your question still valid?

Thank you!

I am HPE Employee
Best regards,
Denis

Accept or Kudo

Puntoboy
Occasional Contributor

Afraid not. Still and issue.

Kind regards,

Chris Jeffrey
denis_b
HPE Pro

@PuntoboyI am afraid that without additional spare parts it will be difficult to understand what is wrong with the server. I assume it can be some problem with SPI board or midplane. If minimal server cofig doesn't give anything possitive, without parts you can do nothing unfortunately. This server has a lot of parts to find failure point easy :(

I am HPE Employee
Best regards,
Denis

Accept or Kudo