1753924 Members
9553 Online
108810 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP Dl380e-G8 tempreture And Fans

bapoor
Visitor

HP Dl380e-G8 tempreture And Fans

We installed a hp server. Server model is dl380e-g8. instead of using hp hard drive we used hitachi hard drive. After installing the hard drive tempreture sensors (hdmax) started to show high tempreture ( around 80 c) while it is not the real temperature and then server fans start to work with full speed and led status of the server start to flash red. Is there any ideas about this issue and how we can resolve it. Any response is very appreciated.

We have HP Smart Array P420 Controller version 5.42

2 REPLIES 2
Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Re: HP Dl380e-G8 tempreture And Fans

Hi,

Gen8 Servers or any HP Server for that matter, use HP branded hard drives which has HP firmware on them which is compatible with the HP SmartArray Conttollers.

All these talk to each other about their health and status.

If you use other third party drives which does not have HP firmware, it will not be compatible with other HP hardware, so it will show high temperature or fan speed or even blue screen during normal operation.

https://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/kb/docDisplay/?docId=mmr_kc-0100747

Thank You!
I am a HP employee.

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

bapoor
Visitor

Re: HP Dl380e-G8 tempreture And Fans

Thanks for your response. But there should be a solution for this issue to be able to use other brands and have everything working normaly. Is there any way around to solve this problem with the hitachi hard drive.
Thanks again