1748214 Members
3268 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion

HP G4 Raid 5 rebuild

HenJo
Occasional Contributor

HP G4 Raid 5 rebuild

Hi, Please need help. We have an HP G4 server with Raid 5 (of three disk 173GB) configured. We had an array problem last day with the error message below : 1779-Slot 0 Drive Array - replacement drives detected or previously failed drives now appear to be operational SCSI port 2: SCSI ID 0 System was asking to press "F1" to continue with logical drive disabled or "F2" to accept data loss and re-enable logical drive. One of the disks was in status "remplacement" and the two others "ok". I choose to press "F2" and since the system displays a black screen with message "Attempting boot from the hard drive (C:)". This start yesterday at 10:pm and message is still displayed. Led (the arrow and the disk symbol) on the three disk remain green. Could you tell me if the raid is rebuilting and if yes how long this operation could last. Could you confirm me that this action will help me to access to server datas without loss? What is the next steps if black screen with message is normal please. I'm worrying about this black screen without any information or progress bar Please help me. Thanks