ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1751778 Members
4601 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion

HP Generation 10 Server Hard disk invisible during manual Installation

bmahmoud

HP Generation 10 Server Hard disk invisible during manual Installation

i have generation 10 server  and if i try to install windows on it through F10  Cycle. and select assised install. it worked. but  when i try to insert the media in DVD Rom  and try to install windows manually  it dnt show me

hard disk  . and i was also trying to restore backup on new server through Backup recovery media  it failed to detect har drives. i did nt find any answer for this reason. why this G10 server are having issues or any thing new it has which i dnt know. please help and advise.i have to fix this issue through manuall installation.

2 REPLIES 2
Cali
Honored Contributor

Re: HP Generation 10 Server Hard disk invisible during manual Installation

The Smart Array in Gen10 Hardware is newer than the OS, so it is no more detected by Windows Out-of-the-Box.
You need to add the Smart Array Driver (download from HPE) during the Setup, or in the Boot Image.
https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=MTX_5e75fa313d5342d498bff6df6e

Start the EXE, extract it to a Directory or USB Stick.
Mount this Directory with iLO during the Windows Setup, or add the Stick and add load the additional Driver.

ACP IT Solutions AGI'm not an HPE employee, so I can be wrong.
Pra_Sah
HPE Pro

Re: HP Generation 10 Server Hard disk invisible during manual Installation

Dear Bmahmoud,

Thank you for your query.

When you press F10 during POST, it launches Intelligent Provisioning , this module helps you install operating systems with all necessary drivers and firmware.

When you try to install any operating system directly using a Media like USB, or CD-DVD rom or ILO Virtual Media , then you need to inject the drivers for Storage controller so that it can see that storage controller and the drives connected to the storage controller.

You can download these drivers from https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/home. (Please select appropriate product line to get correct drivers)

In case you need any further help or assistance on this issue, please log a support ticket, so that appropriate resoucres can be engaged to assit you further.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo