1753454 Members
6193 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP IP 8port console switch

Pramod_16

HP IP 8port console switch

Hi,
I have 2 8ports IP KVM switches & 2 expansion modules each having 8ports. I can connect the expansion module to one switch by taking a connection from the switch port to the IN port of the expansion module,but when i tried cascading both switches i am not able to get the 2nd switch operational,it will be really helpful if anyone can get me some documents showing the specific cascade procedure for these switches.

Regards,
Pramod.
4 REPLIES 4
Brian_Murdoch
Honored Contributor

Hello Pramod,

You state that these are IP KVM switches but I think that they are HP KVM Server Console Switches, which are different as the IP Console switches (both models) have 16 ports and these work differently.

The basic cascading is in the attached image however if you can confirm the part nmber of your switches I can probably provide more support and links to the cascading details.

Regards,

Brian

Pramod_16

Hi MY Switch's Part No:336044-B21 & Expansion Module's Part No:262589-B21,
I have cascaded like which is shown in the picture but when i connect that way keyboard just hangs you cannot select any server from the screen.i am using a CAT5 UTP cable for cascading.

Regards,
Pramod
sputnix
Frequent Advisor

Hi Pramod,

you do not have an IP KVM Switch! It├В┬┤s a normal KVM Switch like the old ones (4-port, 8-port Switches).
The Expansion Modules are only for cascading IP KVM Switches (262586-B21 and 262585-B21), not for your ones.

andreas
Vijay_44
Honored Contributor

Hi Pramod;

Here is the link to the user guide
http://wwss1pro.compaq.com/support/reference_library/viewdocument.asp?source=339674-001.xml&dt=264

Few things that I would suggest -
- See if the switches work independently without any cascading
- If they work fine independently try reversing the roles of the two switches; make the master the slave and vice versa
- Check to see if the port (on master) is configured to be connected to an 8-port switch.
- The firmware in both the KVM should be the same/latest.
ThereтАЩs your problem!!! This thing is set to EVIL!