ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1748151 Members
3554 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP Insight Diagnostics reports "This drive has FAILED and should be replaced."

SOLVED
Go to solution
Florian Dushniku
Frequent Advisor

HP Insight Diagnostics reports "This drive has FAILED and should be replaced."

Hi,
We run a ProLiant DL380 G5 server with Microsoft Windows Server 2003 R2, x64 Standard Edition Service Pack 2. Everything is ok regarding the OS and programs, but when I run HP Insight Diagnostics and make a Diagnose in the Status tab I receive the output that 1 of 2 physical drives is failed and should be replaced. Regarding this I am attaching a printscreen... It is configured with Raid 1+0. What should I do? Should I replace this disk, even if the server seems normal now and the led in the HDD is green? If I should replace it, how can I do it without loosing the data? Thank you.
22 REPLIES 22
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: HP Insight Diagnostics reports "This drive has FAILED and should be replaced."

I would check the drive from ACU and maybe pull an ADU report before replacing anything.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Florian Dushniku
Frequent Advisor

I am attaching an ADU report. Regarding the check of drive from ACU I am attaching a printscreen. If you need smth else please tell me. Thank you.
Michael A. McKenney
Respected Contributor

Install the latest firmware on all drives. It could be a firmware glitch, I saw this once before. HP has also brought out 3 bad drives in one day to replace a drive.
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Array Diagnostic Utility Version 7.80.6.0

P400
Controller Firmware Rev: 4.06
Disks:

DG072A4951 - HPD6
DG072BB975 - HPDC

Upgrade the PSP and firmware.

--

Hrd Read is empty on both disks.
So as far as I can tell ADU report looks good.

Could this be worrisome though?
Bus Flts 00000038 00000038
Same on both disks so probably not.

Florian Dushniku
Frequent Advisor

Which of the firmwares in this link http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=3288134&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=1121516&swLang=8&taskId=135&swEnvOID=1113 should i install and how?, or the instructions are provided with the download? thank you.
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

This is the download:

** CRITICAL ** Online ROM Flash Component for Windows - Smart Array P400 and P400i

Click on the link, in there you will have release notes, installation instructions, revision history etc.

On the same link that you posted there is a search form at the top of the page.
If you take the model number of your hard drives and put them in there, you will find downloads for the disk drive firmware.
Florian Dushniku
Frequent Advisor

I can't seem to find the model number of my HDDs. How can I find them?
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

I posted them above :)

But it should be possible to find in the ACU too.. maybe you have to switch to 'physical view' and then click on the disks?
Michael A. McKenney
Respected Contributor

Some of my drive firmware was not listed on the server driver page. I had to call HP to get it.