ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1748180 Members
4001 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP Insight Diagnostics reports "This drive has FAILED and should be replaced."

SOLVED
Go to solution
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Re: HP Insight Diagnostics reports "This drive has FAILED and should be replaced."

Oh? I always assumed that it meant that they just weren't released yet :)
Florian Dushniku
Frequent Advisor

Ok, I downloaded the HDD firmwares, but in the installation instructions it is written: "4 - Download the package: "HDD Firmware Release for HP Integrity Diagnostics - drives.zip├в and extract the files. Copy DFDUTIL.EFI, ODE.EFI, and SLMOD.EFI along with the firmware files to z:\EFI\HP\Firmware\"
Where can I download these files?
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

What you downloaded is for the integrity servers, as you have a DL380 G5 you should not download and try to load them.

For example this one popped up when I searched on the first of your disks:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=US&swItem=MTX-84777198180c43b48c7f5109ec&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=1121516
Florian Dushniku
Frequent Advisor

ok, I installed all the updates, done the diagnose again and nothing changed, the same message appeared again.
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Did you upgrade proliant support pack (this includes the insight diagnostics) and controller firmware too?

Maybe the problem is in the diagnostics :)
Florian Dushniku
Frequent Advisor

I run 3 update files:
** CRITICAL ** Online ROM Flash Component for Windows - Smart Array P400 and P400i
and the Online ROM flash component for windows for both the HDD.
should I update anything else? where can I find it/them?
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

On the link you posted above there is a download under the "Software - Support Pack" section, or you can upgrade packages individually a little further down.

Latest "Insight Diagnostics Online edition" is currently "8.7.0.3946"
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Why not get the 9.30 firmware dvd, update the firmware offline, then install the PSP?

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Florian Dushniku
Frequent Advisor

hi, installed the update. attached the printscreen...the same situation.
Florian Dushniku
Frequent Advisor

In general, this kind of message appears after the drive has failed or before? If it appears after, and giving that in reality it has not failed, can I just ignore this message, if there is not any other solution?