Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP Insight Management Agents fail to install on a DL320 G5

Highlighted
jd017747
Occasional Visitor

HP Insight Management Agents fail to install on a DL320 G5

I received word from our client that the HP Insight Foundation Agents and the HP Insight Server Agents were not running on a W2K3 DL320 G5 server. 

So I hopped on the server checked the add/remove programs and noticed that the HP Insight Management Agents aren't showing up, so it looks like they've been uninstalled. So I try to run the PSP/ROM 8.70 update, in the update it seems to be finding an Insight Management Agent showing v. 8.26, weird since its not showing up in add/remove programs. 

The install then fails once I kick it off with this error message:

"The software is not supported for installation on this system.

The installation program couldn't find the appropriate system management controller driver which is required but is not currently installed. Please install the appropriate system management controller driver and then rerun the setup program.

Installation will not continue.

The installation procedure did not complete successfully. An error occurred during the setup process."

Pretty stumped at this point, normally I just uninstall the services and reinstall but it seem like the system thinks the Management Agents are installed when they aren't. Any help would be appreciated.