1753797 Members
7374 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP Insight diagnostics warnings

wobbe
Respected Contributor

HP Insight diagnostics warnings

I need some help explaining a few HP Insight Diagnostics warnings. See attachement.

I would like to know what this error time is/means. And what is this application log? This seems to be failing for all SCSI drives and not for the SAS drives.

Server runs fine and no errors in the array diagnostics report.

Info: The drive is a 72GB U320 15K HP disk. It's in a MSA30 that connects to a SA6402 controller.
3 REPLIES 3
Roy Main
Valued Contributor

The error time is the time stamp from the drive. It's a counter for how long the drive has been ON. So when an error is recorded, the current time stamp is recorded as well.

The ACL is a small area where applications like diagnostics can write some info when they need to.

Who knows why it couldn't write to the the ACL page? Maybe the controller/driver doesn't allow it to write there under the circumstances it was using?
wobbe
Respected Contributor

Thanks Roy,

Any idea if I can match those time stamps to actual dates? The disks used to be in another server so would like to know if the errors happened in this or the previous server.

Reading the following document I think I can savely ignore the application client log warnings.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&taskId=130&prodSeriesId=428936&prodTypeId=15351&objectID=c01859682

Roy Main
Valued Contributor

Your HP engineer can do this with your ADU report. You can get a rough idea by comparing the time stamps to the Service Time counter on each drive. The ADU report has that counter for each drive.