ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753797 Members
7994 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP Insight manager not reporting Hardware information for DL380 G3 / DL360 G3 servers

Steven Huang

HP Insight manager not reporting Hardware information for DL380 G3 / DL360 G3 servers

Hello,

I have a few servers that I manage that for some reason or another do not list any System information (i.e. Processor type, Memory config, system board config)when viewed by HP Insight Manager. The entire System information box is outlined in grey, and when I click on the separate components, everything is reported back either blank, "N/A", or Not Installed. The systems were installed with a PSP level of 7.2 however I upgraded them to 7.4 and the problem still presists. Any suggestions as to how this problem can be repaired? Thanks.

Once again this occours on 3 DL380 G3's and 1 DL360 G3 all running Windows 2003.
4 REPLIES 4
Igor Karasik
Honored Contributor

Re: HP Insight manager not reporting Hardware information for DL380 G3 / DL360 G3 servers

Steven,
Check this advisory
"HP System Management Homepage Fails to Display Agents Information for ProLiant Servers"
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c00551228
Check snmp service settings:
do you have 'accept snmp packets from these hosts'? If yes - add loopback address for the server. Make sure that loopback address is listed as trap destination on the traps tab. Or you can use 'accept snmp packets from any host' (at least for testing)
Check that your snmp community string have read/create (read/write) permissions
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

Steven Huang

Thanks for the information. I will give those a try.

hi,

you can also have timeouts with the VCagent making the HP system homepage fails.

If you don't have a Repository server (VC Server), uninstall the VCagents from your servers, if you have the server, make a correct configuration of the VCAgents.

best regards,

Louis-Marie