4258 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP ML 110 Gen 10 - No controllers detected

RLoef
Occasional Visitor

HP ML 110 Gen 10 - No controllers detected

Hi, 

Brand new ML 110 G10, can setup RAID 1 on dual 1TB drives from Bios (v 14/11/2017), using system config.

But intelligent provisioning see's no disk, and configuring using SSA says "No controllers detected"

Help   :-(

3 REPLIES 3
Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Hello,

What is the Smart array controller thats installed in your ML110 Gen10 server?

According to the QuickSpecs, the controller model should be Embedded SW RAID with 10 SATA ports.

Follow this document from page#84 onwards to setup HPE Smart Array S100i SR Gen10 SW RAID support.

Thank You!
I am a HPE employee.

>> Useful Links for ProLiant Servers

>> Self Solve Options for ProLiant Servers

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

nigellsmith

Anybody got a solution to this as the links provided do not match my server and it still does not detect it?

savvyxeus
Occasional Visitor

I ran into this as well. This is really not a problem, its just that we need to get used to the fact there is no dedicated RAID controller hence it is not showing in the SSA and its configured from the BIOS, You will need to have UEFI enabled for this.

As per above, follow steps in the section, page 31

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-a00016407ja_jp 

Creating a logical drive Procedure 1. From the System Utilities screen, select System Configuration > controller > Array Configuration > Manage Arrays > array > Create Logical Drive 2. In the Create Logical Drive screen, select the RAID level, and click Proceed to next Form