cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP ML 150 G3 and E200 SATA RAID led

John Scarfone_1
Occasional Contributor

HP ML 150 G3 and E200 SATA RAID led

I have 4 drives in an ML 150 G3 server using the Smart Array E200 raid controller. On the first 3 drives in the RAID the online LED is on and data activity is happening, but on the 4th drive there are no LED's on.

I replaced the 4th drive with another hot pluggable drive and still no led's light up.

I'm running Netware 6.5 and when I pulled the 4th drive out and put in the new replacement drive, the message I get is the system is rebuilding the data.

Isn't the 4th drive in the RAID at least have an led on stating it is online? Or is there a problem somewhere else with the RAID?

2 REPLIES
e4services
Honored Contributor

Re: HP ML 150 G3 and E200 SATA RAID led

The lights do not come from the drive, but from the backplane where the LEDs are located. The actual light is transmitted to the front through light tubes in the drive tray. Having said that, the problem could be just the backplane or the controller, but it sounds as if everything is working fine and it should not be a concern.
Hot Swap Hard Drives
John Scarfone_1
Occasional Contributor

Re: HP ML 150 G3 and E200 SATA RAID led

Only problem with this, is I won't be able to tell if the 4th drive is having a problem without looking at the monitor!