1752770 Members
4895 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP ML10 Gen9 Data Source for HP SMH

dnlvry
Occasional Contributor

HP ML10 Gen9 Data Source for HP SMH

I've recently installed Server 2016 on a HP ML10 Gen9 but unable to install a data source for HPE System Management Homepage.

I've installed SMH 7.6.0.11 and tried installing WBEM 10.30.0.0 providers, it says during the install that they are not installed but is supported but then fails to install.

The log reports: "Executing MSI...hpwbemproviders_x64.msi... Error: CheckServerAndDependency failed. Probable Cause: Check if the expected iLO drivers are installed.
Failed!"

There are no outstanding drivers on the server to install and even if I try and install iLO 3/4 Management Controller Driver v3.2.0.0 it cannot install because the required hardware is not present.

What do I need to install to get SMH to report system health on this server?

3 REPLIES 3
dnlvry
Occasional Contributor

Does anybody have a resolution to this? I thought it should be relatively simple compared to my experience with other HP ProLiant ML Servers but not with this one.

Ken Green
Advisor

Does the ML10 Gen9 have the relevent HW for the SMH to manage? It doesn't have an iLO or a SmartArray.

dnlvry
Occasional Contributor

@Ken Green Thanks for the reply, I understand it doesn't have a HP array but an Intel one - should I also be using Intel tools to monitor the hardware then?