Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP ML110 g6 server raid problem

Soveta
Occasional Contributor

HP ML110 g6 server raid problem

Hi!

I have a Ml110 g6 server with a major problem.

The OS was installed on a single SATA disk. I have now inserted a second disk for raid 1 capability.

I have changed to Raid mode in bios and created an array with the existing disk. When i boot the server i briefly see the Windows logo ang the server restarts. This continues forever. When i change back the bios setting to ahci or compability mode the server starts perfectly. When i change back to raid mode it goes into the same loop.

Can anyone pleas tell me how to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

Re: HP ML110 g6 server raid problem

You need the embedded SATA RAID driver for Windows. You didn't state what version you were running

Go here and select your OS version, then drill down to storage drivers

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=3984626&taskId=135&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=3984625&lang=en&cc=us

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Soveta
Occasional Contributor

Re: HP ML110 g6 server raid problem

Thank you very much for your time and quick response.

I am running SBS 2008.

When i do a clean install i load the sata drivers for my raid controller. No problem.

But how do i install these drivers now? When i activate raid in bios the OS will not boot.

I have the possibility to set the ahci in bios and boot my OS but if i do not activate the raid setting in bios the hardware will not show in Windows i presume?

Thanks in advance.