1753947 Members
7327 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP ML150 G5 raid conf problem

dodda911

HP ML150 G5 raid conf problem

Hi all,
iam new in HP world i used to use dell servers but i have purchased ML150 G5 and i have attached 4 sata hard disk drives each is 500 GB to the non hot plug in the array but now when i press f8 to setup my array it did not see any hard disks .,
i removed tow hard disks and kept tow only but the same no hard disk found ,
i have opend bios conf by pressing f10 and went to advanced then hard disk conf and set the configure controller 1 as Raid ,4 ports,and still nothing ,
please help because i am too late on my work .
many thanks
3 REPLIES 3
YakkoLNK
Advisor

Re: HP ML150 G5 raid conf problem

Are you sure to access the correct array configuration menu? I mean: maybe you have more than 1 array controller in your system and the one you are accessing have no disk attached.
dodda911

Thanx for reply,
the first problem solved by disable the second sata controller then i opened the raid utility and made two arraies raid 1 and made the hard disks 1 &2 array as bootable array .
but now i have got another problem while iam installing windows 2008 64bit i can see the unpartition space but i could not do any action to any of the two or load it and windows asks for drivers so i went to support.hp and download all the driver for raid controller in ml150 g5 server and extract them into a flash memory and the windows still asks for driver ?
so please help
many thanx
dodda911

Dear sir ,

Thanks for your support but I still have the same problem ;

I have downloaded the driver witch u provided and copy the files to a clean and formatted floppy disk then I rebooted my server and pressed f6 to install the controller driver and the press S to specify additional driver and then I got this message ;

The normal message

You have chosen to configure a scsi adapter for use with windows ,using a device support disk provided by an adapter manufacture .

Select the scsi adapter you want from the following list, or press escape to return to the previous page .

Windows driver for smart array sas /sata controllers
(Note: virtual install disk must be disabled in
RBSU (F9 during boot )to use this floppy!!!)

Then I have chosen Windows driver for smart array sas/sata controllers

Then I have the first message again (Press S to Specify additional SCSI adapter etc..)

If I pressed enter it will load the windows installation and then no hard disk found press f3 to restart.

And If I pressed s it will I prompted that I will load the same driver witch windows have etc. and also the same situation .

And when I open the RBSU Bios I did not fount the option below (Note: virtual install disk must be disabled in
RBSU (F9 during boot )to use this floppy!!!)

Please help.