Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP ML150 G5 raid conf problem

dodda911
Occasional Visitor

HP ML150 G5 raid conf problem

Hi all,
iam new in HP world i used to use dell servers but i have purchased ML150 G5 and i have attached 4 sata hard disk drives each is 500 GB to the non hot plug in the array but now when i press f8 to setup my array it did not see any hard disks .,
i removed tow hard disks and kept tow only but the same no hard disk found ,
i have opend bios conf by pressing f10 and went to advanced then hard disk conf and set the configure controller 1 as Raid ,4 ports,and still nothing ,
please help because i am too late on my work .
many thanks
3 REPLIES
YakkoLNK
Advisor

Re: HP ML150 G5 raid conf problem

Are you sure to access the correct array configuration menu? I mean: maybe you have more than 1 array controller in your system and the one you are accessing have no disk attached.
dodda911
Occasional Visitor

Thanx for reply,
the first problem solved by disable the second sata controller then i opened the raid utility and made two arraies raid 1 and made the hard disks 1 &2 array as bootable array .
but now i have got another problem while iam installing windows 2008 64bit i can see the unpartition space but i could not do any action to any of the two or load it and windows asks for drivers so i went to support.hp and download all the driver for raid controller in ml150 g5 server and extract them into a flash memory and the windows still asks for driver ?
so please help
many thanx
dodda911
Occasional Visitor

Dear sir ,

Thanks for your support but I still have the same problem ;

I have downloaded the driver witch u provided and copy the files to a clean and formatted floppy disk then I rebooted my server and pressed f6 to install the controller driver and the press S to specify additional driver and then I got this message ;

The normal message

You have chosen to configure a scsi adapter for use with windows ,using a device support disk provided by an adapter manufacture .

Select the scsi adapter you want from the following list, or press escape to return to the previous page .

Windows driver for smart array sas /sata controllers
(Note: virtual install disk must be disabled in
RBSU (F9 during boot )to use this floppy!!!)

Then I have chosen Windows driver for smart array sas/sata controllers

Then I have the first message again (Press S to Specify additional SCSI adapter etc..)

If I pressed enter it will load the windows installation and then no hard disk found press f3 to restart.

And If I pressed s it will I prompted that I will load the same driver witch windows have etc. and also the same situation .

And when I open the RBSU Bios I did not fount the option below (Note: virtual install disk must be disabled in
RBSU (F9 during boot )to use this floppy!!!)

Please help.