New Discussion юеВ

HP ML310e Gen8 V2 HP SUM Cannot launch hpsum_service_x64

SOLVED
Go to solution
ziomur
Established Member

HP ML310e Gen8 V2 HP SUM Cannot launch hpsum_service_x64

Hello to all,

i've this problem. Trying to update server with SPP 2017.04 ( i've seen it's the last FULL Gen8 SPP ).

With 2015 and 2016 SPP i had no problems.

I've prepared USB bootable key and when Launch as Admin logged in the launch_hpsum.bat , after few seconds a command message box pop up with

"Error: Cannot launch hpsum_service_x64.exe locally. Reason: General failure. (Co
nnection failed: This can happen if ports 63001 or/and 63002 are in use by anoth
er application, or blocked by firewall settings. Please check the troubleshootin
g guide to know the application that is using the ports. To unblock the firewall
 settings, please restart HP SUM with open_firewall option.)"

I've disabled temporary Win Firewall, ESET Firewall, Stopped IIS Service, Checked another instance with netstat -ano  without solutions.

What wen wrong? I can use that SPP on my Gen8 ?

Regards. Andrea

P.s. Windows 2012 R2 ROK Running

4 REPLIES 4
ziomur
Established Member
Solution

Re: HP ML310e Gen8 V2 HP SUM Cannot launch hpsum_service_x64

Hi guys,

i've solved Stopping Windows Firewall Service.

Regards.

zio

krasinka1409
HPE Pro

Hi, 

just a short notice regarding SPP. 

HPE Relased "Post Production Versions" for Gen8 and G7 Servers. 

Latest SPP for Gen8 Server is Version "8.1"  (6 Nov 2017) . Cech out the SPP Mainpage and click on "Post Production Versions: Gen8.1" in order to access it:

http://h17007.www1.hpe.com/us/en/enterprise/servers/products/service_pack/spp/index.aspx

BR

Thank you
I am an HPE Employee
WaltReed
Regular Visitor

Thanks for this. I had the same issue on multiple servers and stopping the Windows Firewall service solves it.

HP: The windows firewall is on in 99% of deployments. You need to work out of the box with this configuration. If SUM needs to open a firewall exception to operate properly, then it should do so.

dingusmagii-iie

Use::

ROBOCOPY source destination /MIR

To extract the contents of "*SPP*.iso" then launch launch_sum or mount the "*SPP*.iso" on iLO CD/DCD and launch launch_sum.

****DO NOT USE Windows Explorer to extract the content****