6679 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP ML310ev2 Fan Issue

jfinegagne
Occasional Advisor

HP ML310ev2 Fan Issue

Hi Community,

I'm having an issue with  an ML310e gen8v2 server that I can't find anyone else having. The server POSTs, but has trouble actually booting and then when it does POST, it does so with the fans running initially, then gets to 10% and recycles and the fans shut off entirely when it gets to 20% (Memory and QPI link initialization), and the system continues to POST. ILO is showing an error that it is not responding (1500: HP ILO4 is not responding (1)) and I've updated to 2.40 firmware but no luck, and now when I try the 2.55 firmware update via the HP SPP the update fails by saying "ERROR: Make sure HP Lights-Out driver is installed and loaded. Also execute the utility as root."

I'm at a loss for what to do now.

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Sounds like the ILO 4 NAND issue, see

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c04996097

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
jfinegagne
Occasional Advisor

Thanks Torsten! I'll give that a go and advise, it does look similar.

jfinegagne
Occasional Advisor

Hey Torsten,

I was giving the NAND reset a go, but I'm stuck on the 2.40 firmware. When I tried an update to 2.44 (From HP SUM since iLo isn't allowing login to the web console) I got a failure with Channel interface call status: FIFO empty, and Channel Interface transactions returns 21.

Any firmware update ideas?

jfinegagne
Occasional Advisor

Reporting back, it does seem as though it is the NAND issue, as I was able to get iLo going with the flash to 2.55. I did have to flash it from the command prompt in the HP SPP (Atrl + att + d + b + x), then execute ./CP03XXXX.scexe --direct while the ilo security switch was set.

I'm now stuck with an error in ilo for the Embedded flash that I can't seem to clear as the Format_Flash.xml seems to complete but doesn't give the right log message in ilo, then I can't reinstall intelligent provisioning as it comes up saying that there was an error flashing NVRAM. Any further ideas?

Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

try to pull the power plug after running the format script.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
jfinegagne
Occasional Advisor

So just a regular power pull should do it?

I've run the format script, then pulled the power within 10 seconds of completion, waiting 60 seconds, then booted back up and error still shows (Done this multiple times). I've tried to update the Intelligent provisioning via virtual media and USB to 1.63 but that is showing "Failed to Flash NVRAM" and then the server reboots. That being said, the server does seem to be working normally, so as long as I don't need intelligent provisioning it seems like I don't have to replace the board?